With all the news about the dangers of prescription drugs – especially opioid painkillers like OxyContin, methadone and morphine — you would think people would be making use of less of them. However , judging by the particular statistics, including the number of people going to drug detox and rehab centers to prevent taking these drugs, it would appear that people are taking even more than ever. Do people really realize what these medications can do?
According to a February, 2007 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Statement, the weekly digest published from the Centers for Disease Control plus Prevention (CDC), unintentional poisoning fatalities in the U. S. rose sixty two. 5 percent from 1999-2004. According to CDC studies, this increase has been taking place since the 1990’s and overdoses associated with prescription drugs, especially prescription painkillers, are usually primarily responsible for the increase. Actually according to the CDC, opioid prescription painkillers cause more drug overdose deaths than cocaine and heroin mixed.
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) also said that admissions to drug detox, drug rehab and other therapy for this type of prescription painkiller increased from 46, 972 in 2002 to 63, 243 in 2005.
These vast increases – the 62. 5 percent increase in deaths along with a jump of about one-third for those entering drug detox, drug rehab as well as other treatment – indicate that far more people are taking dangerous prescription painkillers and other drugs than ever despite the fact that several of this information is all over the news.
If you have any kind of concerns concerning where and the best ways to use https://www.alluredetox.com, you can contact us at the internet site.
Purdue Pharma paid a fine associated with $634. 5 million for misleading doctors and the public about the risks of OxyContin.
* Xyprexa is usually killing 15, 000 people a year in nursing homes – and Our god knows how many more are being given the drug at home.
* The entire concept of methadone treatment is in issue because it has proven to be ineffective at getting people off other medications and is involved in twice the number of fatalities caused by heroin.
* Young adults are receiving ‘pharma parties’ – mixing any number of prescription drugs they’ve gotten from friends, or from parents’ medicine cupboards.
* The DEA says that will kids given Ritalin and other stimulating drugs are more likely to abuse cocaine in later life than others.
* There is certainly tons of evidence of suicidal and homicidal tendencies caused by mind-altering psychiatric medicines – and some of those ‘tendencies’ actually result in the deaths of either those who are taking the drugs or people they’ve killed.
The list goes on and on.
Despite this, we keep taking the drugs. Huge Pharma continues to advertise, we keep on being duped into thinking that drugs are the answer to all our problems, and continue to ask our doctors for your advertised drugs – apparently totally unaware that we might need drug detox and, possibly, drug rehab to get off them, or that they can eliminate us, or that they can lead to additional drug use, or potentially damage the life of anyone who takes all of them.
Before you take a dangerous prescription medication, research the risks. Drug packaging provides information on side effects and the circumstances below which the drug can be dangerous. The information is also widely available on the Internet. Read this information, and take it seriously: Don’t assume that you or someone in your family will not be one of the people who suffer these side effects.
And if you or someone you care about is already taking a doctor prescribed drug that could be dangerous, consider getting them through a good medical drug detox program so they are no longer at risk.
The prescription drug epidemic is not going to cease unless people truly understand the risks, avoid taking them if at all possible, and get those who are already taking them into a drug detox program. The frontline of the war on prescription drugs reaches the doorstep of your own home – fight the battle, and you will earn the war, and save lives.